Hymen is a thin tissue which blocks the entry to the vagina. This hymen breaks when you encounter first sexual intercourse. Even masturbation can break the tight hymen. When the hymen breaks, slight bleeding or pain is felt. It is normal to face such problems when the hymen breaks. Bleeding often means losing virginity but it is not necessary that every woman will bleed.
Also known as a maidenhead, the hymen plays an important role in sex. Tight hymen makes the sexual intercourse enjoyable especially for men.
However, the hymen cannot be intact. If you are an athlete or exercise a lot, then the hymen can stretch. There are many exercises which affect your intact hymen.
Which exercises affect your tight hymen?
* Stretching mostly splitting exercise.
* Swimming, depending on the pressure exerted on the pelvic muscles.
* Cycling as it stretches the pelvic muscles and gradually ruptures the hymen.
* Horse riding, the non-sexual activity breaks the hymen.
* Gymnasium, depending on the stretching and pressure, hymen ruptures.
Even though the hymen gets ruptured due to these exercises, you do not lose virginity. Absence of hymen doesn't imply that the woman is not a virgin. These exercises stretch the pelvic muscles but doesn't bleed or affect the virginity. This is why, often sports women do not bleed when their virginity breaks.